Monday, March 6, 2017

2 Months as a Missionary!

Hey everyone!
This week was good! It was super hot, like extremely hot. Carnaval happened which was really wild and actually quite scary. Especially when we had to walk through the huge parade that was outside our apartment building. It was a really cool but pretty sketchy experience. 
I had tramites this week(visa stuff to live here) so I got to travel to Santa Fe with Hermana Wright! It was really fun! Mission HQ is 5 hours from here by bus so that´s how long the journey was there and back. We stayed there overnight. The best part was, WE GOT MCDONALDS. It was incredibly delicious. Which is slightly disturbing but hey it was way good. 
We got home to Concordia about midnight on Friday. It was a super long trip but it was really really fun. It was cool that Hermana Wright and I don´t really know Spanish at all but we were able to make the trip and make it back!
A cool experience we had this week was that we were walking in the more dangerous, dirt roads part of our area. This really sketchy guy came up to us and I was a bit scared I´m not gonna lie. There was that guy, his wife and daughter and another guy. They did not look like people that anyone would want to go up and talk to. They talked to us about the church. We gave them The Restoration pamphlets and the Book of Mormon. You could see the joy in their eyes as we talked with them. The main guy quizzed us a bit about a page of the pamphlet. We were able to answer all his questions. He said ¨Because you 2 girls gave me these things, I am not going to ask you for money or anything. People in Jesus´ time did not ask him for anything. I know you 2 are from Jesus.¨ It was so awesome! Then we taught them how to pray and I said the prayer with them. It was so cool to see how grateful and happy they were. 
I hope you guys are doing really well! I miss you a lot! But also Concordia feels like home now! I love it here soo much! Love you and miss you all! Have a great week!
Hermana Stewart

Mcdonalds with Hermana Wright, Elder Brown and Elder Garaza!!




No comments:

Post a Comment