Monday, February 13, 2017

Vamos Argentina!!

Hola amigos!
    I am in Argentina!! I love it here! I am in a city called Concordia. My companion is Hermana Degolyer. She is from Colorado and she´s way cool. She has had 3 months here and she is an awesome trainer. 
     Argentina is beautiful! Concordia is right next to Uruguay and I can see Uruguay from my window! It´s hot here because it is the middle of summer. There are lots of mosquitos so I wear pants every day! It is way awesome that we get to do that here! So every day it will just randomly start dumping the hardest rain I´ve ever seen. We walked to church in the pouring rain yesterday it was awesome! We were the only people outside because the people of Argentina don´t like rain. 
     So this week I have been called Hermana Starwars because no one can pronounce my name here. I have also been told I look like Angelina Jolie haha (I wish). I can´t understand a lot of what the people say but I think it will come with time. The Castellano accent is hard to understand but I learn more and more each day. I gave my testimony yesterday at church and the members could understand me and said it was good. So that´s awesome! It´s a missionary´s job to testify through the spirit, so if I can only do that, I´m set! 
     The people here are amazing! I love them so much. They are so nice and loving. Everyone stares at me because I am blonde and because I am a "Yankee" or "Shankee" with the Castellano accent.        Something different from the U.S. is that everyone besos when they see each other. If you remember me from about 7 weeks ago, it was hard to get a hug out of me! Now I beso every lady I meet! Its way cool. 
     I am so happy to be out here teaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We have 2 baptisms on the same day of best friends Junior and Valentin. They are 15 and 16 years old and they have some of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard. They are so excited to be baptized and we are so excited for them! It is amazing to see how much joy and light comes from the gospel! 
     I know that we are all children of God and he has a plan for all of us. He knows each of us individually. He wants us to find joy in this life and to complete all the steps necessary to return back to live with him. Pray for anything you need and I know he will answer you! I love this gospel so much and I love sharing it with all the people here in Concordia! 
Thank you for all your love and support! 
-Hermana Stewart

Buenos Aires Temple

Inside my apartment



My room

My view

Concordia, Argentina

President & Sister Pérez & Hermana Degolyer

No comments:

Post a Comment